- American Idol
- Amazing Race
- America’s Got Talent
- Big Brother
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glee Spoilers
- Project Runway
- So You Think You Can Dance
- The Voice
- X Factor
- X Factor UK
- X Factor Australia
- Adam Lambert
- Angie Miller
- Blake Lewis
- Bo Bice
- Brooke White
- Candice Glover
- Carly Rose Sonenclar
- Carrie Underwood
- Casey James
- Cassadee Pope
- Chris Daughtry
- Clay Aiken
- Crystal Bowersox
- Danielle Bradbery
- Danny Gokey
- David Archuleta
- David Cook
- Elliott Yamin
- Fifth Harmony
- Haley Reinhart
- James Durbin
- Jennifer Hudson
- Jessica Sanchez
- Jordin Sparks
- Justin Guarini
- Katharine McPhee
- Kellie Pickler
- Kelly Clarkson
- Kree Harrison
- Kris Allen
- Lauren Alaina
- Lee Dewyze
- Pia Toscano
- Phillip Phillips
- Scotty McCreery
- Taylor Hicks
- American Idol 13 Recaps
I just got an email from a friend who could not make head nor tails out of this confusing article from the Associated Content.
The “wildcard round” is one show, scheduled for next Thurday.Ãƒâ€š During the episode, the judges will add 3 more contestants to the 9 contestants already voted through to the Top 12 by viewers during the 3 previous semi-final weeks.
This Reality TV World article, from December, provides a clearer explanation of what will go down, straight from Ken Warwick’s press conference:
Then on Thursday, March 5, Fox will air a special “Wild Card” performance episode that will feature each semifinalist group’s highest remaining votegetter who didn’t already get to automatically advance to the finals will get a second chance to perform along with several additional semifinalists that the judges willÃƒâ€š select.
“They [will be able to]Ãƒâ€š make that fourth show up to probably about nine or ten people, we haven’t quite decided yet,” Warwick explained.
AfterÃƒâ€š all the “Wild Card” semifinalists perform, the judges — not the show’s home viewers — will immediately select three of them toÃƒâ€š complete the season’sÃƒâ€š twelve finalists.
The Associated Content article claims that 12 contestants will compete in the wildcard round.
But it would be impossible to have 12 contestants sing plus the judges choose their picks, all within a 1 hour show.Ãƒâ€š Unless they assemble 12 contestants, but only allow 8-10 perform.Ãƒâ€š That’s how the wildcard operated during Season 3.
So I’m thinking there will be 9-10 contestants performing next Thursday, made up of the 3 next-highest vote-getters from the semi-final rounds, with the producers/judges choosing the rest. Already, we know that Anoop Desai will compete, as he was the next-highest vote getter after Michael Sarver last week.
Also, I’m hearing that the wildcard contestants will sing the same song they performed during their semi-final week, but that’s still a rumor.Ãƒâ€š Makes sense–without a week between the last semi-final round and the wildcard (like in season’s past) there is no time for the band to work up new arrangements with the newly chosen wildcard picks.
- Powered by Disqus
- Idol Headlines for 8/30/14
- Glee Season 6 Spoilers: Premiere Title and FULL Song List!
- Concert Schedule – 8/30/14 – Jena Irene, One Direction
- Big Brother 16 Live Feeds Spoilers (Week 10 HoH and Nominees)
- American Idol 14: Harry Connick Jr. Jams with NOLA Hopeful (VIDEO)
- FIRST LISTEN: Trisha Yearwood’s New Single “PrizeFighter” Featuring Kelly Clarkson!
- Angie Miller Crowdfunded Debut EP Due in November
- Idol Headlines for 8/29/14
- Billboard – Chart Date 08/30/2014
- Concert Schedule – 8/29/14 – Tessanne Chin, Adam Lambert
- Big Brother 16 – Week 9 – Live Blog Eviction Results (VIDEOS)
- New FOX Reality Chief Shares Thoughts on American Idol
- Nigel Lythgoe Calls Suicide “Stupid”, Responds to Angry Fans
- Josh Gracin Back to Work Posts Revealing Songs to Facebook
- Duck Dynasty Star Sadie Robertson, Others Join DWTS 19 Cast
- AGT Ratings Hit New Series Low, SYTYCD Rises, Big Brother Wins the Night
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are Married
- Idol Headlines for 8/28/14
- Amazing Race 25 Official Cast List and Photos
- Idols In Concert – Stats – 08/28/14
- Concert Schedule – 8/28/14 – Phillip Phillips, Alex & Sierra
- America’s Got Talent 9 – Semifinal 1 – Results Liveblog and Discussion
- SYTYCD11- Top 4 Perform- Live Blog And Discussion
- Big Brother 16 Episode 28 – Recap and Discussion
- Americas Got Talent 9 Week 5 Predictions